Entrance Fees vary according to unit size, number of occupants, and unit location in the building. The entrance fee provides guaranteed lifetime care at 15 Craigside in the apartment one has chosen. It also provides the right to occupy a bed in 15 Craigside’s Healthcare Center, which is a Skilled Nursing and Intermediate Care Facility able to provide skilled and intermediate care, care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia, and care for end of life.
Current fees range between $176,100 (i.e., single occupant in a low-floor studio) and $429,000 (i.e., two occupants in a high-floor corner one-bedroom).
Monthly Service Charge
After the one-time Entrance Fee is paid, there is a Monthly Service Charge for room and board. Currently, the Monthly Service Charge ranges between $3,280 (single occupant in a studio), $4,394 (single occupant in a one-bedroom), and $6,133 (two occupants in a one-bedroom). This fee includes an array of services and access to amenities listed below:
- Three nutritious meals per day
- Maid service (full apartment cleaning every two weeks and bathroom cleaning once per week)
- Flat linen service every week
- Cable TV ready
- 24-hour emergency care accessed by a call system in the apartment
- Five free days in the boarder rooms of the Healthcare Center for each separately diagnosed illness
- A resident outpatient clinic staffed by a licensed nurse for residents needing non-emergency care such as taking blood pressure, giving eye drops, and discussing individual health concerns
- A wellness center in 15 Craigside’s lower level with a swimming pool for lap swimming and aqua-exercise with scheduled programs, nutritional advice, and health profile assessments
- Meal tray service in one’s apartment for up to five days without charge for each diagnosed infection and upon returning from hospitalization
- Assistance from the nursing staff, in the event of an emergency, to call physicians, family, and an ambulance if necessary
- State-licensed, required functional assessments by a Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
- Social services
Entrance fees, monthly service charges, and other charges can be expected to increase on an annual basis.
To move into 15 Craigside as a resident, you must be at least 62 years of age. You’ll need a physical examination (at your expense), as well as a geriatric functional assessment. Your residency in an independent living apartment must not adversely affect the health or safety of yourself or other residents, as solely determined by the Corporation. In addition, you must disclose and show that your financial assets and income, in the sole determination of the Corporation, are sufficient to pay the entrance fee and the future payment of monthly fees including, but not limited to, fees for assisted living and skilled nursing, as well as other personal expenses not provided for under your Residence Agreement.