September 3, 2021
Transformer Project Updates
Updates To All Stakeholders:
July 2, 2021
Aloha Arcadia Residents & Employees,
Happy 4th of July!
Arcadia will begin its 7 month Transformer Replacement & Relocation Project on Tuesday, July 6th. The transformer is currently located in the basement of Arcadia. The current transformer will be removed and disposed of. A new transformer will be installed on the exterior of the building on the gravel lot that runs parallel to the bus stop fronting the property on Punahou Street. (See picture on back page).
Phase 1 is anticipated to span from July 6th to August 27th. We hope to minimize noise, dust and traffic disruptions as much as possible.
- Work conducted by electrical contractor, WASA Electric, will take place Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm. Contractors will be required to complete the wellness screening process daily, will be allowed to use the bathrooms in the 1st floor lounge and will have a tent set up in the gravel lot for breaks and lunch.
- A dust barrier will be constructed around the project area.
- Traffic during this phase will not be disrupted, but there will be short-term traffic flow adjustments as equipment is brought on and off property.
- We do not anticipate blocking off any sidewalks on property during this phase.
- The Punahou sidewalk will not be affected during this phase.
- Currently, a Tern chick is in the tree nearest the gravel lot; we will continue to monitor the chick so that it is not bothered.
Residents – What to Expect:
- Large vehicles entering the property for deliveries.
- Noise pollution during working hours (M-F, 8:00am – 5:00pm).
- Visitors should check in with Parking/Security stationed near the front driveway entrance as soon as they arrive on property to be directed where they should park their vehicles.
- Residents will continue to be dropped off and picked up at the front Porte Cochere.
- The wellness screening process required before entering Arcadia will not be affected.
Employees – What to Expect:
- Continue to be dropped off and picked up at the front Porte Cochere.
- Check in with Parking/Security stationed near the front driveway entrance to be directed where they should park their vehicles.
- Plan for delays and leave a little earlier to ensure a smooth transition when coming to work.
- There will be no extra stalls to wait in the parking lot area for people being picked up. Cars waiting for longer than 5 minutes will be asked to leave and come back.
The transformer replacement & relocation will be a long and complex project that must be completed in order to properly position an important part of Arcadia’s facility infrastructure for the future. During the life of the project, we may need to pivot quickly and will do our best to notify stakeholders as soon as we can with any changes that arise due to construction needs. Therefore, we ask that you please listen to our Security/Parking staff who will be available to provide guidance and help direct our residents, staff and visitors entering and exiting the property.
Updates will be communicated to you in a timely, effective and transparent manner during future phases of this project. Those updates will be posted in Communication Alley, shared via email and posted on our website at www.arcadia.org.
Should you have any questions about this project, please contact Albert Torres at 983-1802 or email@example.com.
Chief Operating Officer